We are opportunity-makers. Together, we create possibilities for our colleagues to succeed because we aren’t afraid to innovate along the way. Brownstein is a place where excellence thrives, diversity inspires and relationships bind. We provide the tools, resources and opportunities needed to shape your own path to success. We share a passion for supporting our colleagues, our clients and our community. Are you ready to join us?
By The Numbers
- Founded in 1968
- More than 500 employees in 13 offices
- 275 attorneys and legislative consultants
- 10,400 pro bono hours performed in 2019
- 70% of the attorneys and policy consultants at Brownstein sit on boards for nonprofit and civic organizations
- 440 nonprofit organizations supported through various contributions, including monetary and volunteer
- Achieved Mansfield Rule Certification Plus in 2020, which considers women, attorneys of color, LGBTQ+ attorneys and attorneys with disabilities for recruitment, governance roles, equity partner promotions and inclusion in formal pitch presentations to clients.
- Ranked No. 2 on Law 360’s 2020 Ceiling Smashers list for law firms (251-600 attorneys) with the highest representation of women in their equity partnerships.
- Received a score of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2020 Corporate Equality Index, the nation’s premier benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ workplace equality.
- Committed to participate in the American Bar Association's Well-Being Pledge Campaign.
- Ranked No. 36 in the National Law Journal’s 500: The Women In Law Scorecard 2020.
- Named to Working Mother’s 2020 “Best Law Firms for Women” list.
- Ranked No. 6 on The American Lawyer’s 2020 A-List: Female Equity Partner Scorecard, which ranks the Am Law 200 by the percentage of women in their equity tiers. Women make up 29% of the firm’s equity shareholders.
- 57 attorneys were selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2020 edition of Best Lawyers in America.
- The 2019 Chambers USA Guide ranked 30 Brownstein attorneys among the best in their respective fields.
- Ranked No. 68 in The American Lawyer’s 2019 National Pro Bono Rankings among the top 200 law firms in the nation for 2018 performance.
- No. 152 on The American Lawyer’s 2019 Am Law 200 Rankings.
- Recognized by WomenInc. Magazine as one of its 2019 "Top 100 Law Firms for Women."
- Received a score of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2020 Corporate Equality Index.